SaaS Genius is a curated destination for SaaS-specific growth case studies, examples, insights, strategies, tactics, tools & resources. My goal is to save you, founders & marketing professionals, a bunch of time – so that you can focus finding product market fit 💪 and scaling your SaaS 🚀.
To accomplish this, I interview other founders, read through tens of articles 📜 weekly, listen to all sorts of SaaS and growth-related podcasts 🎙 and write info-packed emails 💌, from me, to you – every single week! Best of all, it’s free, unbiased and super easy to sign up for. 👇👇👇
Who the heck are you?
👋 Hey, I’m Gene.
Excessive emoji abuser 😻, devourer of sushi 🍣, a husband, a “dada”, conversion consultant (yikes, I need a better title) & UX designer.
My full time job involves looking at company customer flows to find revenue growth opportunities and conversion pitfalls.
I work with cool companies who pay me to make complex things simple and convert more visitors to paying customers.
Sometimes I design the new experience – be it a full website, web app interface, onboarding or whatever else is needed to move the needle.
To date, I have worked with 30+ companies (directly and indirectly via agency work).
I am intrigued with psychology of design, not just the visual stuff, but also the things that make us human.
In the past I have occupied roles of SEO manager, an affiliate marketer, a failed startup founder x2, local SEO manager, ecommerce marketing lead & designer. Back then you could also label me a “T-shaped marketer” as a fairly accurate title.
These days I am mostly fascinated with all things SaaS – especially the bootstrapped variety. You can find me hanging out often on Indie Hackers. I’m itching for another run at a startup, hopefully soon!
Here’s a bunch of things you can do if you’re bored:
- 👋 Tell me what’s on your mind – I respond to everyone within a day.
- Work with me – let me know what you’re looking to accomplish and I’ll let you know if I can help.
- Follow me on twitter 🐦
- 🌱 Tell me about a SaaS growth story
- 💌 Subscribe to my newsletter (ok, that sounds boring), let me try again – “Get the super awesome SaaS growth case studies and growth tidbits newsletter, once a week directly into your inbox!”
- Check out behind the scenes posts where I talk about every single thing I’m doing with this website, out in the open, exposed, vulnerable, for you to salivate over. Oh gross, get a room.
- 🎉 Get a customized, one of a kind, heartfelt birthday wish directly from me, on your special day.
- 😑 Read this boring article I wrote in 2015 about “JSON-LD markup for local business schema” Woohoo!
- 🍦Eat ice cream . Save yourself a bunch of time and do literally anything else. No hurt feelings 🤞
So yeah.. I think that just about covers it. Sorry for overdoing emojis, it’s a recent thing for me, I’m sure I’ll grow tired of it in a few months.
Don’t forget 👇👇👇